Studio Apartments have become increasingly popular in India especially in cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, etc. Given the limited space in many urban areas, these apartments offer the optimal solution. But, What is a studio apartment? What are the benefits and drawbacks of owning it and how is it different from other apartment configurations?
In this article, we will try to address all your queries related to studio apartments. Furthermore, we will also be providing you with all the relevant information so that you can determine what is right for you and what you should prefer.
What is a Studio Apartment | Studio Apartment Meaning
Studio apartment meaning? A less spacious or compact size apartment with an open floor plan is known as a studio apartment. The bedroom, living room, kitchen space and bathroom are combined in a single room. Generally, these apartments are built in housing societies with modern facilities and English appeal attached to it.
In short, Studio apartments, often referred to as bachelor apartments or efficiency apartments, are compact living spaces that seamlessly integrate a living area, bedroom, and kitchen into a single open-concept layout.
What is a Studio Apartment Size
To answer the space crunch in Tier-I and Tier-II cities, real estate developers are providing studio apartments. The standard size of a studio apartment varies from 250 to 700 square feet. However, it could depend on the developer, society, demand, location and many other factors.
What is a Studio Apartment Configuration
In studio apartments you have the liberty to set and shift your bedroom, living space or kitchen to your desired area within the room as there are no walls. Sometimes, there may be partial walls to establish divisions. For instance, if visitors arrive, having a wall can provide a certain level of privacy.
Who Should Consider Buying Studio Apartments
Studio apartments are preferred by both home buyers and tenets. These apartments are perfect for working individuals, students, newly wed couples, or people living alone. Furthermore, people on a low budget can buy these apartments easily as these require low investment. Then, Owners, if not living there, can rent out their apartments for extra side income.
Benefits of Studio Apartments
While studio apartments may be compact, they provide numerous advantages for both tenants and owners.
- A studio apartment is synonymous with space efficiency, making it particularly ideal for individual residents.
- Owning or renting a studio apartment means reduced electricity costs, owing to its lower energy consumption.
- The definition of a studio apartment leans towards affordability when contrasted with other living arrangements.
- Typically, the rent for these spaces is notably lower than that of other apartment types. So, the tenants can easily afford these types of apartments.
- Studio apartments are commonly found in central locations, known for their excellent connectivity.
- Opting for a studio apartment implies minimal maintenance requirements.
Drawbacks of Studio Apartments
Although studio apartments offer numerous advantages, they also come with certain disadvantages. Here are several factors to contemplate before making an investment in one.
- Big families are not comfortable in studio apartments.
- Limited space and no clear boundaries for room, kitchen and hall.
- It may require extra space for storage.
- Lack of privacy if there are more than one person in the apartment.
Difference between Studio Apartment & 1 BHK Flat/Apartment
Many people are confused between a studio apartment and 1 BHK apartment. They think both are the same, however, these two are different. A 1 BHK apartments unit includes a bedroom, a kitchen, a hall space, and a bathroom having separate boundaries. A studio apartment has an open floor open within a single room and the space can be allocated as per the needs of the owner.
Studio Apartments in Kolkata
Studio apartments in Kolkata are a great option for people who want to live in the city without breaking the bank. They are modern, convenient, and stylish, and they are located in great neighbourhoods. Whether you are a professional, a student, or just someone who wants to experience the best of Kolkata, a studio apartment is a great choice. Studio apartments are typically much affordable than other types of apartments in Kolkata and best suited for people who can’t afford a 2BHK Flat in Kolkata.